Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Another Chinese Meal on UA

Stir fried shrimp with black bean sauce and peppers

Yup, the filet mignon was on the menu again today. Interestingly though, the two alternates were both Chinese, which is something I don't think I've ever seen on UA before, even after so many flights connecting through Hong Kong. One of those Chinese choices was some sweet orange chicken, so I didn't have much choice but to go for the last item instead: "stir fried shrimp with black bean sauce and peppers."

Surprisingly, it tasted much better than it sounded, with decently fresh shrimp (impressive for an airplane) and a sauce that didn't really taste of black beans, but rather was a tad sweet. I wouldn't think I would like that, but it was light enough that it was rather welcome in the end, especially when paired with the rice. That all actually went down rather quickly. And guess what? The menu is not showing an omelette for breakfast on this flight. Yay!

No comments: