Saturday, September 16, 2006

Shumai in SQ Exec Econ Class

Stir-fried noodles with roast duck and vegetables served with steamed pork siew mai

I chose the "stir-fried noodles with roast duck and vegetables served with steamed pork siew mai" as my meal before landing in LA. There's not much to say here, actually. It tasted like it looked (i.e., nothing special nor horrendous), although the siew mai were surprisingly hot and moist, almost as if they came straight from a bamboo steamer. The yogurt with mint leaf and papaya thing provided was fine too, but I didn't really eat anything else.

On a side note though, these wider Executive Economy seats on SQ's A340's weren't too bad in the end, with a surprising amount of legroom and laptop power to boot. But it still wasn't great for sleeping on these long hauls, as the back didn't recline much, and I still bumped into my neighbors' arms and such, especially with the lovely middle seat that I got on this full flight. And clearly, it's still "regular" economy class food.

No comments: