Thursday, September 21, 2006

Alambres Mexican Grill, San Diego

Tacos Carne Asada

One of my faves for late-night post-drinking Mexican grease bombs is Roberto's. But we were in the Gaslamp Quarter tonight, and conveniently enough, there was a Mexican place just around the corner, so we came here instead (756 Fifth Avenue, 619-233-2838). Ambience-wise, it was a notch up from Roberto's, but fortunately, this did not compromise the food quality. I got the Tacos Carne Asada, and true to form, it came with tasty grilled steak bits on top of several small tortillas without much else on top. I gobbled this stuff up, and the great selection of four different types of salsa (with fresh thin chips to boot) made this all the better. It wasn't the greasy sludge of Roberto's, but that was fine to me, as this was pretty much what my belly was seeking anyway. Mmm...

No comments: