Thursday, June 01, 2006

Macaroni and Cheese from Seah Street Deli

Macaroni and Cheese

This was a bit weird. Seah Street Deli is one of those places in Singapore that has managed to fairly successfully escape localization effects on their food. So when I tried their macaroni and cheese today, I was a bit surprised at how spicy it was. It wasn't necessarily any local sweet chili sauce or anything (in fact, I think it was just a lot of black pepper), but it really packed quite a punch. This is the first time I'd ever had a spicy macaroni and cheese...

A side of potato saladDon't get me wrong; I like pepper and spicy food, and admittedly this was pretty tasty. It just wasn't what I expected for a place that had dependably exhibited a more true-to-form character in its food. In fact, the portions were pretty darned small too (I had to order a side of potato salad afterwards in order to get full).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of which, do you know where to get a good, authentic pastrami sandwich in Singapore?