Sunday, March 12, 2006

My First Deep Fried Mars Bar

Deep Fried Mars Bar - cut upDespite all that I had heard about these things from in Scotland, I never got the chance to try one until tonight. They have made it to Singapore and can be found at Chippy, #01-16C at Far East Plaza.

This place does it a bit differently than I had seen on TV: instead of powdered sugar sprinkled on one whole Mars Bar, this place cuts it up into more bite-sized pieces before frying it (thus making them look like round brown-colored balls)...and they pair it up with ice cream. It wasn't as excessively sweet, greasy, or scorching hot as I thought it would be; it was actually really good (and I'm not a huge fan of sweets). I'll come back for this...I've gotta remember to try their fish & chips here too, assuming that my arteries don't hate me for it.

2 comments:

DK said...

Their beer battered fish and cheese sausage taste great too. :)

shakester said...

as a regular reader, bma- may I ask you also post prices of the stuff you eat? Its always enjoyable reading your stuff, but costs will add a utility angle thats great for those living in singapore...