Monday, January 23, 2006

KO Japanese Restaurant, Singapore

Tea Soup and Sashimi

This is a new place on the ground floor of the Intercontinental Singapore (6825-1064) that apparently took over the old grounds of the Suntory restaurant. I've eaten at Suntory's SUN at CHIJMES, but never at the Suntory at the Intercontinental, so I don't have much of a basis for comparison. But the menu here at the new place largely features sushi and little washoku sets, making it good for business lunches.

By and large, the food was decent, featuring fresh fish and cool things like a mushroom soup served in a tea kettle. The tempura was crispy, although the batter was rather thick (and interestingly featured some of the biggest prawns I'd ever seen used for tempura). Still, I don't think I'll be yearning to come back here as nothing really excited me. For these prices, I'd prefer to go elsewhere.

No comments: