Friday, December 16, 2005

Kamameshi from Sun at CHIJMES

Yakiniku Kamameshi Set A

Back at Sun again today, I finally tried out the kamameshi, or rice and toppings (thin slices of beef in my case) baked in a metal bowl. It wasn't bad, but I have to admit that while I ate it, I couldn't stop thinking that it tasted like an over-glorified bowl of Yoshinoya beef bowl. Now, that's not a fair comparison - I only thought that because of the thin slices of beef on top of rice, and honestly it was good. But I'm pretty sure that I'll crave Yoshinoya more than this. I was never a huge fan of Sun to begin with.

Toro Sashimi

Actually, before our lunch today, we were thinking of finally getting the wagyu beef that we didn't get last time here. Unfortunately, it looks like that is only on the dinner menu. Still, our meal wasn't without its excesses. We got the toro tuna belly sashimi, which wasn't cheap, but it was firm and tasty (and certainly very pretty with all the fat marbled into it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the kamameshi isn't special.. except for the beef & foie gras one. it might be worth trying that :)

on sushi: shiraishi @ ritz carlton?