Sunday, December 04, 2005

Esmirada Mediterranean Restaurant

Lamb Chop Skewers

OK, I didn't intend to go get gazpacho soup two days in a row. I came out here since Esmirada (442 Orchard Road #01-29) has a nice patio to relax on while nibbling on their yummy lamb chop skewers. But I forgot that they had gazpacho soup too, which certainly sounded good on a warm sunny day.

Gazpacho SoupSo I got it. And it was indeed refreshing. It was slightly more sour (and less garlicky) than Via Mar's, but nonetheless still fresh and tasty. I also got of course their lamb chop skewers, which, as you can see in the photo, come on an inverted dangling contraption where the juice from the moist meat drizzles down into the catch tray. The best thing about them is the lightly salted crust on the outside, providing a great complement to the "meat-on-a-fire" taste (I didn't even bother with those little sauces that they gave). The onions and eggplant are of course also great on a fire. Thank God that they give a baked potato too, since the portions are pretty small. But I guess it's just right for a Sunday afternoon snack.

No comments: