Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hawaiian Typhoon Popcorn

Hawaiian Typhoon Popcorn

The Hawaiian Popcorn Company makes a unique popcorn seasoning called Hurricane where you add little pieces of nori furikake seaweed, sesame seeds, Japanese rice crackers, and a butter sauce into a plastic bag and shake it all up. I was happy to see that they had a mail order facility, but unfortunately when I received my package from Hawaii, it looked like I had accidentally ordered the Typhoon mix instead of the Hurricane, which I was a bit bummed about.

The Typhoon mix was still a notch above though. Sour cream and onion powder was in it instead of the rice crackers, but the seaweed was still there, as was the butter packet. It wasn't quite as strikingly unique as the Hurricane, but still better than a "standard" sour cream and onion popcorn thanks to the seaweed and butter. Anyway, if you hit Hawaii anytime, be sure to pick up a few packs of this stuff to bring home. And bring me some Hurricane instead of Typhoon. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
im a great fan of food as well and your hurricane popcorn entry inspired me to order some to try! awaiting for them now. =)

sure bet they are great.

cheers
janice

Anonymous said...

I have never had the hurricane popcorn but I've tried the typhoon (I love it! I'm thinking about ordering some. Which do you recommend instead??

Hurricane or Typhoon?