Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Popeye's Fried Chicken

20050608

You know, I had never had Popeye's Fried Chicken until today. And it's strange that it is all the way out in Singapore of all places that I have it for the first time. They have one at the airport, and I've been meaning to go for a while. Alas, today I took the trek from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 just to try it out.

Not bad. I didn't know they themed it New Orleans style - it's definitely got a unique spicy cajun taste, including the mashed potato gravy. Generally better than KFC, although the buttermilk biscuit is a bit too hard. And something about the chili peppers in the gravy is strange, but still good.

Will I make the trek back to Terminal 1 next time just for Popeye's? Probably. Although next time, I also want to try Al Hamra, a Lebanese place in Terminal 1 that I noticed today too - looks like the had some kebabs worth trying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hm.. yeah.. the food's pretty good.. but i'd say the one in Jakarta is nicer.. they have several Popeye's outlets over there ^.^ i think they have wider range of menu..

Anonymous said...

Yeahh... I tried one's in Menteng, the first in Jakarta way back. End up liking it.