Sunday, April 29, 2018

New York's SUSHISAMBA in Las Vegas, Nevada

Yellowtail Sashimi Tiradito

I probably would've never walked into a place called SUSHISAMBA on my own accord (3327 South Las Vegas Boulevard, 702-607-0700). But a few folks were talking about this place the other day, so I was a little curious. Plus, it was nearby and open late tonight, so I went in.

It's from New York but serving Japanese, Brazilian, and Peruvian food. It sounds like it's all over the place, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, with that lemongrass and jalapeno yellowtail above being decently spicy and citrus-y without being overpowering, all while being notably different from Nobu's famous creation (in a good way).

Likewise, I didn't mind my chicken anticuchos skewers nor the little sashimi tacos I topped up with either. This place wasn't cheap though. And oddly, right next door here at the Venetian was yet another Japanese Peruvian place. I wonder how that one tastes.

No comments: