Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Quick Bite at Shake Shack in Madison Square Park

Hamburger and Beer

I needed a quick bite before heading to my next meeting, and fortunately, Shake Shack's Madison Square Park outlet was on my way there. The line was nowhere near as bad as it was last time, but there was still a bit of a wait, particularly to pick up your food at the window (strangely, your buzzer rings before your food is ready, and even when it is ready, they haven't figured out your drinks yet).

Also, it looks like my perception of their food has been blown up a bit in my head, as this wasn't as good as I had remembered it to be. Still, the bun was pretty good, their house beer was refreshing (done by the Brooklyn Brewery folks), and there was still a hint of charbroiling in the patty. Maybe it's also my fault for getting the cheapest single hamburger; I should double up next time, or maybe even try their hot dogs.

No comments: