Thursday, March 02, 2017

Quimet & Quimet in Barcelona, Spain

Alcachofas, queso y caviar

This tiny little conservas shop (25 Carrer del Poeta Cabanyes, +34-934-423142) opens at 7PM on weekday evenings. And when I got there at 7:10PM today, there were already people overflowing out of the door! Still, I was able to weave my way up to the front, getting a range of things including their famous salmon, yogurt, and truffle honey montadito. I'm normally not too big on sweet things, but this came together well.

Other items I got included some anchovies with sea urchin as well as those artichokes with a soft creamy cheese and caviar above. Now, things here skew towards the sweet side...and even slightly sour given how nearly everything was from a can rather than being fresh. But it was surprisingly cheap, rowdy, and a lot of fun, especially given that you have to eat while standing. Don't come here in a large group!

No comments: