Monday, February 20, 2017

Makai Poke at Tanjong Pagar Centre, Singapore

Poke

It's a new week, which means that there's yet another new poke shop in Singapore (7 Wallich Street #B1-08). At this rate, I'm gonna start taking bets on when Cold Storage starts to offer poke bowls as well.

I wasn't too big on this one though. Why not? For one, there was very limited configurability. You could pick a base and a poke, but the toppings were preset. You could pay more for some more of the same toppings...or maybe the chia seeds above. But that was it. And that pre-configured set of pineapple and lime just reminded me of Aloha Poke (not in a good way).

To make it worse, the portions were pretty stingy. And the fact that the rice was still warm really bothered me. I'll stick to Loloku and Alaka'i.

No comments: