Thursday, July 14, 2016

Anason in Sydney, Australia

Lamb Neck

This Turkish place (5/23 Barangaroo Avenue, 9188-1581) has only been open for five months, but is run by a well-known local chef, if I heard it correctly. Either way, I loved every bite of it, including not just that extremely tender lamb neck above, but also the taramasalata, fried anchovies, and cauliflower, the last of which was accented with just the right touch of citrus rind. They also had a tahini-crusted barramundi that was so moist compared to that dry thing I got at Cyren the other day, and really puts the latter to shame. Moreover, the service here was extremely friendly and engaging. Now I know: next time I'm in Darling Harbour, avoid those tourist traps along the water and walk up to this place in Barangaroo instead.

No comments: