Friday, April 22, 2016

My First Taste of Real Kungfu in China

Breakfast Set

It's hard to miss this local chain restaurant given its prominent placement of a Bruce Lee-like image at each of its outlets. I was always kinda curious about it, and thus stopped by its Shenzhen Airport outlet for a quick breakfast before heading downstairs to immigration and security.

Yeah, I liked it. Or rather, I should say that it was better than I thought it would be given that it was basically just mass-produced fast food. The rice noodles were reasonably spicy with some decently tender meat, and the meat and veggie filling in those buns weren't too bad either.

To be sure, it wasn't so good that I'd get cravings for it, but it was much better than that meal that I got in the basement of the convention center the other day. There was a Kungfu outlet there too, but I intentionally skipped it, knowing that I'd get the chance to try it here at the airport. Next time, I'd go to Kungfu if there isn't anything that looks more promising.

No comments: