Thursday, December 11, 2014

Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food in Santa Clara

Combo #9

I'd seen this place quite a few times when driving behind San Jose Airport in the past, but never had a chance to go in (1290 Coleman Avenue, 980-0668). Today, I was running an errand nearby, and figured this would be the perfect opportunity to come in for a snack. And it was better than I was expecting, with the lovely smell of barbecue in the air, friendly and inviting service, and food that ultimately pulled through as well, like this catfish and chicken wing set. Sure, the greens were a bit salty, but who's complaining? That awesome sweet tea was done with just the right amount of sugar...so much that I kept going back for more. It'll be a wonder if I'll ever get to sleep tonight after all of that caffeine.

No comments: