Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Biker Jim's Gourmet Dogs in Denver



So this was actually the sausage stand that I had tried to get to earlier but failed. And even though I already had some jerk chicken to settle my stomach, I somehow still couldn't bear the thought of coming all the way to Denver without having tried anything from Biker Jim's. So I walked up to their main restaurant instead, as that outlet was still open well into the evening (2148 Larimer Street, 746-9355).

Unfortunately, they weren't selling any of that rattlesnake sausage today (the sign said something about their snake handler getting injured), so instead I settled for this southwest buffalo dog without any of their special topping packages. Now, admittedly, you couldn't really taste the buffalo given how spiced up the dog was, but nonetheless it had a good casing and texture. Hopefully next time I can finally try the elk or rattlesnake.

No comments: