Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Clarke's at Faneuil Hall in Boston

Boston Steak Tips

So it was so darned cold tonight that my local Boston colleague jumped into the closest Irish pub he could find, which happened to be this one (21 Merchants Row, 227-7800). He told me about something called "steak tips," which apparently he could not find after moving away from Boston many years ago, and thus was proud to order it.

I wasn't quite sure what it was, but since it seemed to be something uniquely local, I went ahead and ordered one too. After we finally got served, I wasn't quite sure what was so unique about it. Sure, those lean cuts of meat were surprisingly tender, and the mildly sweet marinade actually kinda worked with it too. But it's just kind of amusing that "steak tips" was really just a local name for this.

No comments: