Saturday, August 24, 2013

More from Keong Saik Snacks

Grilled Asparagus, Fried Hen Egg, Caper Egg Mayonnaise

I wasn't planning on coming here tonight. But Burnt Ends didn't have room to seat me, even as a solo diner, so I walked around the corner when I figured that maybe these guys had some space at the counter. They did. And the food was better than I remembered it being last time, including that delicious grilled asparagus above as well as a steak with duck fat fries that I inhaled in seconds.

More importantly, I noticed the little side door where the chefs were shoving food into another room, kinda like at that Crif Dogs place in Manhattan. Only then did I recall reading about a speakeasy bar next door, which turned out to be surprisingly cool - and with a long list of rather theatrical cocktails. I should come here more often.

No comments: