Tuesday, March 05, 2013

A Grilled Seafood Medley on Continental

Grilled Seafood Medley

I know, Continental is now part of United. But my original itinerary via O'Hare got canceled due to snow, so I was diverted to this Newark flight instead, which in turn used this plane with those Continental seats. (Is it just my imagination, or is the former Continental staff much friendlier and engaging than the United proper staff?) Anyway, I think places like the Naked Finn put the wrong expectations in my head for what this "Grilled Seafood Medley" was supposed to be. Fortunately, it tasted better than it looked, despite that rather unappealing-looking pile of shredded veggies on top.

Oh - and am I the only person that has problems with the in-flight power outlets on planes lately? This isn't unique to United/Continental, as I've had the same issue on other airlines too. Basically when I plug in my power adaptor, the little green light on the in-flight power outlet immediately goes out most of the time, and thus has no power. I end up having to fiddle with plugging it back in and out many, many times before I can finally get it to stay lit. That whole process ends up taking maybe 5-10 minutes, which doesn't sound very long on paper but feels like an eternity when you're trying to get it to work in a cramped airline seat.

No comments: