Wednesday, November 28, 2012

El Mago de las Fritas, Miami

Frita Cubana

We'd been eating non-stop already, but there was just one more thing that I wanted to get before heading back for meetings: a so-called Cuban burger, and this place (5828 Southwest 8th Street, 266-8486) was supposed to be the best in town.

I think that built up my expectations too much. After all, what's not to like about fried potatoes shoved into a burger? Well, the tomato-ey sauce in this one made it taste a bit like a sloppy joe, and there really wasn't a lot to get excited about. At least I tried it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

El Mago wishes to invite you back when you are in town we truly apologize that your experience was not what you had expected. We strive to produce quality products at a reasonable price. We would love a second opportunity to meet and hopefully excede your expectations. Feel free to contact me at anytime barry@elmagodelasfritas.com or at 954-261-5332.