Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pho Stop in Tanjong Pagar, Singapore

Pho Beef Feast Combo and Summer Rolls

After noticing their writeup in the latest issue of 8 Days, I knew exactly where I was going to have lunch today, as there was finally another phở shop in the city (21 Tanjong Pagar Road #01-01, 6221-4001). Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, which was probably a good thing, seeing how they only provided two stingy leaves of basil, which were pathetically wilted at that. There were hardly any bean sprouts either, although at least there was some sawtooth herb.

No, it wasn't anything that I'll make an effort to get again, although now I know where to go if I ever get a late night craving for phở: they are open late (until 10 PM Tue/Wed, midnight Thu/Fri, 1 AM on Sat), in part surely just for selling drinks to the after-work crowd. In that sense, this place kinda reminded me of getting late night phở at PhoChine back when it was still at Wisma Atria. Now that I think of it, it was of fairly similar quality too.

No comments: