Saturday, December 03, 2011

Henry's Puffy Tacos Cantina, San Antonio

Carne Guisada and Picadillo Puffy Tacos

Puffy Tacos. Yep, that term in and of itself aroused my curiosity. And when I heard that this shop (6030 Bandera Road, 210-432-7341) was the creator of them, I figured that I would hop on over there for dinner tonight. But instead of the grimey hole in the wall that I was hoping for, this turned out to be a commercialized family restaurant with a T-shirt counter.

Granted, the food came out super fast, and those deep fried tortillas was interesting (they were a bit like an Indian bhatura, but thicker). But seeing mine topped with Taco Bell-like lettuce and tomato was a big turnoff for me. Even Chuy's had fresher salsa than these guys. In retrospect, maybe I should have gone to try Rosario's tilapia tacos instead.

No comments: