Friday, July 22, 2011

Pakistan's Bar-B-Q Tonight in Singapore

Seekh Kebab

I'd been told good things about this Pakistani kebab chain some time ago. So we came down here now that they finally opened their Singapore outlet (3 Roberts Lane #01-01, 6299-5210), and unfortunately I think my expectations were built up too much. Sure, the chicken was tender, the seekh kebabs were spicy, and the presence of hummus and eggplant were a nice surprise. But Usman across the street was much more unique to me.

I suspect that part of the problem was the fact that we opted for the buffet when we should have ordered a la carte. Indeed, the pictures of the kebabs cooking over a fire and laid out on plates looked pretty darned good. I didn't really know what was good to order either (some of that fish on the menu looked interesting), so next time I'm going to have to make sure that I come armed with the right knowledge.

No comments: