Friday, May 27, 2011

Lot 10 Hutong Heritage Food Village in KL

Some Kind of Beef Noodle

Whoa - that was a heck of a lot better than I was expecting it to be. See, I've never really had a great experience with hawker food in KL. But my colleagues wanted to come here for lunch today; a Malaysian tycoon put all of his favorite hawkers into this air conditioned basement (50 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 2782-3840)...and apparently on a rent-free but commission basis. It turned out that I really liked the food.

I didn't take down the names of the individual stalls nor dishes, but my colleagues basically grabbed a bunch of various noodles and porridge. Most of it was in a dark sauce that I wouldn't have thought I would have liked, but it turned out that it wasn't the sweet concoction that I assumed it to be. Instead, the dishes were rich, aromatic, and quite frankly, delicious. I'm definitely coming here for lunch next time I'm back in town.

Epilogue: In retrospect, now I remember one of the things I liked so much: it was Hokkien Mee in that smoky dark Malaysian sauce, which made it completely unlike the Singaporean version. Of course, those little bits of pork lard in there never hurt either.

No comments: