Saturday, April 30, 2011

Anar, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore

Hummus with Beef

I'd been looking forward to coming here ever since I heard that a Persian restaurant from Dubai had opened up on Sentosa (26 Sentosa Gateway #01-291, 6884-6989), even if it looked a bit fancy. Reviews that I had read about its other outlets weren't very encouraging either, but I was hopeful that a shop coming from the region might provide a properly sized bed of rice.

Well, the good thing was that the food was better than I thought it would be. The flatbread came straight out of the oven crispy and hot, making starters like this hummus and baba ganoush go down easily. And the kubideh that we got was tender and tasty. But in an attempt to dress up the presentation, they only provided a slice of tomato stacked up with other veggies for color rather than the entire fruit straight from the skewer. The rice was just a small portion, and they didn't provide any somagh to sprinkle on either.

At least they gave a very nice olive oil for us to drizzle on the hummus, and honestly we did leave satisfied in the end. It was definitely a nicely decorated place too, with a wait staff that did the job to boot. But I'll probably still end up going to Shiraz if I need my kubideh fix.

No comments: