Friday, November 12, 2010

Kami Katsu from Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin

Kami Katsu

This was the thing that was sold out last time, so I was surprised that they still had some left on a busy Friday night. Anyway, I guess this was tonkatsu returning to its Austrian roots, featuring a very thin piece of meat. It still featured their Japanese sauce and breading, but did not have the usual shredded cabbage and tonjiru alongside, as it was apparently meant to be shared.

Yes, I liked it. Having it on a cutting board with a pizza cutter kept it playful, while the thin meat and crispy breading kept it on the lighter side...relative to proper tonkatsu, of course. I'll easily come back for this, although admittedly it's also made me want to go get a Schnitzel now.

1 comment:

Nilcha said...

i love katsu. this post make me hungry!