Sunday, October 04, 2009

A Random Plate of Pad Thai Before Leaving

Pad Thai

This was nasty. I wasn't intending to eat this, but faced with the prospect of having even more questionable food at Phuket airport, I figured that I should get at least get some food in my belly at this random food court. But this just wasn't worthwhile. The noodles were mushy, the scallions were tough, and even that huge wad of chili powder couldn't save this. Well, I guess it was still better than eating at the airport or on the plane.

4 comments:

EatTravelEat said...

Nasty for sure...the noodles do not even look like they are the right color! The items on the side though are nicely presented :).

Matt said...

I'm an American and even I know that looks nasty.

gigi said...

Actually, the food at the Thai Airways restaurant at the Phuket airport isn't that bad - although the standards have gone down over the years.

Anonymous said...

In the bad old days (before Dunkin opened at the Ion) I would look forward to leaving Phuket simply because they had that Dunkin at the airport. Yeah, sure, it's not the same as back in the US...but it was vastly superior to anything available at those imposter donut shops here. Back to Phuket; the last time I was there (July) I was very non-plussed by pretty much everything I ate...with the exception of the place the WSJ mentions in Phuket Town; everything else was very "meh" and it seemed like it was getting more expensive as well. Oh well, it's still a great place...