Friday, December 26, 2008

Cova Pasticceria Confetteria in Singapore

Cotoletta di Vitello alla Milanese con Rucola e Pomodorini Ciliegino

I'm not big on sweets, so I'm clearly not the target audience for this pastry shop at the back of the upscale Paragon shopping center in Singapore (290 Orchard Road #01-20A, 6733-0777). But they had a food menu too, so we came on by today for a quick lunch, even if my T-shirt and shorts were rather out of place amidst the table linens and tuxedo-clad wait staff.

Seeing how this place hailed from Milan, I went for the cotoletta. The breading was light and the veal was tender, allowing me to wolf this thing down in seconds. A taste of the pappardelle was salivatingly good too...no doubt assisted by that lovely truffle oil. Even if it was rather pricey, we're definitely coming back to try more. Maybe next time I'll actually finish off the meal with some of the coffee and tarts that appear to be the bigger focus here.

No comments: