Friday, November 07, 2008

India Epilogue: Packaged Dal Bukhara

Dal Bukhara

Sweet. I had heard for ages that Bukhara sold its famous daal in a can in India, but I was never able to find it. With the help of one of our clients, I finally got some at a random market last night...and it turned out that was actually in these easy-to-reheat packets instead. It tasted just like the real thing with its silky smooth creamy spiciness...and I didn't even put that little cube of ghee in the middle. Note to self: I spotted some at the airport this morning too, so just pick up a couple of packets on the way out next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, Bukhara purportedly cooks its famous Tadka Dal for 18 hours!

Anonymous said...

I managed to get some of this in nowheresville, MA and appreciated the taste of home immensely!