Saturday, March 01, 2008

Prime Rib from Morton's Singapore

Prime Rib

I'd never ordered the prime rib from Morton's before, mainly because they do such a great job of grilling instead. But a colleague of mine had mentioned a while back that they do a great job of prime rib too, and that it was worth making the extra effort to call ahead to put your name on one, as quantities are limited. Tonight, I was in the mood for something lighter, so prime rib sounded appropriate...and I was fortunate enough to be able to get my hands on the very last cut for the day.

They definitely did provide a beautifully thick piece. And it tasted fine, especially the fat-lined seasoned edges of the meat. But I still prefer the moistness of Lawry's. In many ways, that was pretty much what I had expected too. I'll continue to stick to Lawry's for roasting but Morton's for grilling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hungry boy!
Morton's is always a fine place for steak. Unfortunately, my stomach wasn't up for the meat and had to go with the grilled salmon, which was not bad but not great. Didn't recognize you took a photo of the prime rib!

Let's catch up again.

Anonymous said...

Morton's is good, but for the absolute best, you have to find a Mahogany Prime Steakhouse if you ever get to Tulsa, Omaha, or OKC (you'd think they'd try to branch out a little :/). Went there after my one, and probably only, Buffett AGM (another amazing experience), and was totally blown away. $40 for the best steak I've ever tasted, and great, reasonably priced wine to boot. If it's good enough for Joe Monglia (http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_35/b3897415.htm), it's damn well good enough for me.

Link, if you ever feel up to it:
http://www.mahoganyprime.com