Monday, October 01, 2007

Yummy Viet, Smith Street

Pho Dac Biet

Here's another Vietnamese place that I've been meaning to try for a while (28 Smith Street, 6222-5191). It was encouraging at first, with a proper soda chanh and tightly wrapped goi cuon coming first. But things were a bit puzzling when the pho arrived.

First off, all of the garnishes were already sitting in the (very small) bowl. Perhaps more strangely, the broth was both sweet and salty and missing the beefy depth that I look for. I almost wanted to grab another dish to help save the experience, but I gave up in the end. No worries though...there are a couple new pho shops in Singapore that I do mean to go try when I get a chance later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PHO 24 is in singapore!
http://www.stomp.com.sg/stfoodiesclub/diningout/184/index.html
go check it out..