Monday, October 15, 2007

Shin Yeh, Taipei

Lamb Chops

These guys are supposed to be one of the best-known restaurants in Taipei, with their new location on the 85th floor of the Taipei 101 skyscraper sporting a waiting list an entire month long (wow!). I was intrigued as a result, even the little voice inside my head told me that I wouldn't like that modern Chinese fusion food that they were advertising.

I should have listened to that voice. Actually, I did like those tender and nicely grilled lamb chops. And most of the other items were more traditional (like stir-fried spinach with garlic) that, despite the fancy plates, worked fine. But I'm not sure what the big deal was about this place. The food wasn't so uniquely spectacular that I'd come running back here; I suspect that it was just the fancy decor instead. In that sense, I suppose that it would work for a business meal, but I won't be coming back here solely for the food.

2 comments:

Kell Ch@n said...

Business meals are supposed to be at "atas" place like Shinyeh 101.

joanh said...

i like the food at Shinyeh but not at Shinyeh 101.... you are basically paying for the view...