Sunday, April 01, 2007

Jiang Nan Seafood, Serangoon North Ave 1

Deep Fried Fish

I noticed some table ordering this deep fried fish last time I walked through the area (153 Serangoon North Ave 1), so we came by tonight to get a taste. It pretty much tasted just like it looked, with tender meat yet crispy skin and a sauce that was mildly sweet but not annoyingly so. OK - that worked for me.

These guys are actually just a another cze cha that opens up at night at a housing estate (and yes, they had typical items on the menu like sambal kangkong and hot plate tofu), so I'm figuring that something similar can probably be had at other places around the island. My lack of cze cha experience means that I can't really make any comparisons, but the fish was definitely fresh here, and the garnish came together well enough for me to like it.

No comments: