Friday, December 08, 2006

Superdog, VivoCity Singapore

A Ripper and Chili Fries

I can't believe I'm eating hot dogs again. After nearly a week of such fare, I was nonetheless still curious about a place in Singapore that was suggested the other day, so I popped on over here (1 Harbourfront Walk #B2-40) on my lunch break to see what it was like. To my surprise, it was rather commercialized; more like a Carl's Jr than a humble hole in the wall. Still, I ordered away for a ripper and chili fries.

I was a bit let down. The chili fries, which they seemed to take so much pride in, didn't strike me as anything spectacular. And while I'm not exactly the expert on New Jersey rippers, this one wasn't even ripped. In the end, this all just reminded me of Carl's Jr again (don't forget that they used to serve hot dogs ages ago too). Oh well. I doubt I'll make any extra effort to come here again, but at least I know that it exists.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not surprised that you had a less than tasty experience at VivoCity recently. Check out my own experiences there at Earl Swensen's (and of course other misadventures there too).

http://coolinsights.blogspot.com/2006/12/vivocity-adventures.html

Colin said...

Awful place. They ran out of beef patties one weeknight at 6pm so only Superburger and chicken burger available. Superburger apparently takes 10 min to cook so I ordered the thicken. It was pathetic. The strip of chicken is barely half the size of the bun. And one limp lettuce. No sauce. I had to dip it into my chilli fries to get some flavour. The fries were ok but hardly compensated for the $9 I paid for the meal.

Am sticking to Carl's Jr next time for burgers. Otherwise while in the Vivo chaos, try White Dog cafe or Cordoroy Cafe.

Anonymous said...

Nothing special! I was expecting the "pist" sound when biting my chilli cheese dog but heard none. Still prefer my chilli dog from Mos! Yum Yum!

Anonymous said...

Had quite a different opinion though... went there and went straight for the superburger cos it looked the most inviting. Even though I had to wait about 10 mins (sigh, yes it is true)... it was well worth the wait... better than any over-priced and over-cooked carl's jr burger... the superdog (the one with bratwurst) was good too.. good consistency in the sausage... didn't bother with the chili fries as it really didn't look like much to me. The ordinary fries were pretty good though... NOW! The bad... my friend had the ripper and we felt more ripped off than anything. The Bacon Lovers was a total conjob as it served nothing but BACON!!! There was no patty of beef whatsoever. Didn't really try mush else there. But I was definitely impressed with what i had... give it another shot guys... :)