Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New Seoul Korean Restaurant, Peck Seah Street

Mul Neng Myeon

All that talk about Korean food looks like it subliminally planted a thought in my head to go get more today, as I found myself gravitating toward another Korean place in the area: the simply-named New Seoul Korean Restaurant (72 Peck Seah Street, 6324-3009). I picked up a bowl of the mul neng myeon, which is kinda like a Korean version of cold hiyashi ramen, complete with a side of mustard too. This one came with thin ice chips but very fresh ingredients as well as a full selection of kimchi. As is customary in Korea, they also provided a pair of scissors to cut the thin brown noodles into more manageable pieces. This was pretty filling after all the kimchi and the like, despite not having any meat in the entire process. It worked for me.

No comments: