Sunday, June 11, 2006

Devon's Daddy Pizza

My four toppings were pepperoni, mushrooms, ham, and onions

Hey that was cool. Buried amongst all the late night hawker stalls at the amusingly-named Chomp Chomp Food Centre in Serangoon Gardens lies a pizza guy at stall number 21, where S$5 (US$2.95) gets you a seven inch pizza with four toppings straight from the oven in ten minutes. I rather enjoyed this guy's pie, whose wafer-thin crust allowed the taste of the toppings to come forward. Sure, he was using canned ingredients, and the crust at times tasted a bit uncooked cardboard, but surprisingly neither of those really bothered me too much.

Besides, at only S$5, I'm in no position to complain. This was actually so tasty and pleasant to find late at night that I nearly ordered another one. I just didn't want to have to wait another ten minutes.

No comments: