Friday, March 17, 2006

Santaro Japanese Restaurant

Santaro Special

I was told that this place (Amara Hotel #02-26, 6324-8388) was pretty good, but I was not quite convinced. Fortunately, we got the chance to come by here today and find out for sure. It was lunch time, so we just got a bunch of set lunches, mine being the eponymous Santaro special. It wasn't bad. Featuring everything from tempura to sushi to a pretty darned tasty and fresh fish with mentaiko baked on, this meal was better than I thought it would be.

Now admittedly, it still wasn't mind-boggling enough for me to want to crave this place's food, but I'm told that there are quite a few good things on the menu that could be ordered too, be it the fugu, Kobe beef, or otherwise. But they also featured kaiseki, and I'm not exactly looking to pay those kinds of prices. Well, I'm glad I came here either way to see what all the fuss was about.

No comments: