Saturday, December 24, 2005

Kaya Toast from Wah Yen

Kaya toast and teh

Check out all that butterThis place (23 Sin Ming Road #01-01) is interesting. Rather than using the usual sliced bread for kaya toast, these guys offer a thick French bread version with the crusts and all. And if that is not enough for you, check out the excessive butter that they load on these things - whoa. There is so much butter that it's nearly "juicy" inside (and it does taste good), but it's probably not the healthiest thing in the world; I could nearly feel my arteries clogging on the spot (then again, I'm the psycho who loves putting a stick of butter in his ramen, so I'm probably not one to talk).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THBoy,
aaahh.......kaya toast, I can't remember when was the last time I had kaya toast. I used to have kaya toast on Sat morning when I was a kid back in Penang.