Thursday, November 10, 2005

Akbar Restaurant, Lim Teck Kim Road

Egg Prata, Cheese Prata, and Teh Halia

Having barely eaten anything today, I needed a quick snack after a long night at the office. This place (2 Lim Teck Kim Road in Tanjong Pagar) is open 24 hours, and it specializes in roti prata. Normally I like this place, but the standard seemed to have slipped a bit tonight. The cheese prata was crispy given that it was just made, but for my egg prata, I noticed them pulling a lukewarm previously-made one out of a pot and throwing it onto my plate. Obviously that wasn't very good. The teh halia is usually pretty spicy here too, although it seemed slightly weaker than usual tonight too. All in all, I wouldn't say that this place is better than those on Jalan Kayu, but at least this is conveniently in the city for some late night grubbin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If like good prata, the place to go is at Arab street, the 2 storey units with aircon. Forget abt Jalan Kayu, that place has been condemn for years....