Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Salted Vegetable Duck Soup

This is from a stall (#04-07A) at the Amara food court that sells "Herbal Soup." I'm not a fan of those Chinese herbs, but the Salted Vegetable Duck Soup is pretty good (probably because it is the one thing on their menu that doesn't feature a ton of herbs). It doesn't necessarily sound very nice, but the salted vegetables are kinda like pickled vegetables, which are pretty good. The soup is light and mildly sour (my favorite), and it all goes well with freshly cut chili peppers in light soy sauce as well as their brown vegetable rice. The duck is pretty tender too, although I could do without the bones. Anyway, this is a nice refreshing meal, and healthy, I suppose. They also have pig brain soup on the menu, but I don't think I'll be venturing in that direction anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recently, I've been eating at the Indian stall here and the curries are getting watered down though some of the fried vegetables got more innovative. They seemed to have changed chefs to two older ladies as opposed to the male chefs previously.

I did notice that they've started serving dum bryani so given what you've eaten so far in sgp, you might like to give that a shot. I'm curious to see how good they are, given that those in sgp aren't that great.

At least you get the pretty good (but weak) raita if you ask for it.

Their food got much lighter, completely unlike the post drinking grease bombs post here. Ha.