Saturday, September 03, 2005

Lufthansa Biz Class Dinner

DSC02774 (Small)

Hello live from 34,000 feet in the air, thanks to Lufthansa's new FlyNet service - it's about time we started getting decent inflight Internet access on planes. Anyway, moving straight into food, tonight's dinner on LH wasn't too bad - I was impressed. First up was the Ocean trout and herbed White Fish, which sounded really boring, but turned out to be very delicate and tasty.

DSC02775 (Small)

This was followed by the Prawns in a light Curry Sauce accompanied by sauteed Broccoli, Bell Peppers, and Coconut Rice with Sesame Seeds. Actually I really didn't want to eat Asian food tonight, but the other choices (with things like carrots) just didn't appeal to me. So I picked this one by default, and it turned out to be quite rich and spicy - wow. Nice job, LH! It didn't look too great when it was brought out, but the taste was really good. I guess they really do utilize the so-called "Connoisseurs on Board" concept that they tried boasting about in the menu. Anyway, the meal finished with some fruit and ho-hum cheeses (using Singaporean Khong Guan "Quality Biscuits," interestingly), as well as some truffles from Peters.

One thing that did intrigue me was the ginger ale that I got, Kinley, which I had never seen before. Upon closer inspection, it says it's from the German division of Coca Cola, and curiously enough, is billed as a "soft drink with ginger taste." Huh. It was a bit milder and flatter than - oh God - Schwepps. But not bad. That reminds me, it's been a while since I've been to the Coke Museum - I wouldn't mind going to one again soon to try out all the global drinks.

No comments: