Tuesday, September 06, 2005

LH Connoisseurs on Board - Gualtiero Marchesi

DSC02911 (Small)

Wow I just realized that LH's Connoisseur's on Board program also features celebrity chefs (like SQ). Today's meal was done by Gualtiero Marchesi, an Italian Michelin star chef and head of the eponymous Ristorante Gualtiero Marchesi in Erbusco, Italy. Today's dinner started out with the Smoked Marlin with Artichokes and Pear Chutney. It actually wasn't even what I ordered (they ran out of the Italian ham platter), but it turned out to be really good: a refreshingly clean taste with a nice mildly acidic touch for contrast. Wow.

DSC02912 (Small)

Next up was the Pan-seared Halibut accompanied by creamed Leeks and Rice Medley. This was another pleasant surprise. It doesn't look like much in the photo, but the halibut was done just right and tender. The rice was a good companion to the creamed leeks, which was my favorite part of the dish. Wow. I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm a bit bummed that I missed the dessert (I went to sleep early to beat jet lag) - it featured a panna cotta with passion fruit puree (a light egg custard) that they even gave the recipe for.

No comments: