Saturday, July 16, 2005

Donat Kentang (Indonesian donuts)


For some reason, donuts are one piece of American gluttony that has been picked up in Southeast Asia, and they will usually fry them in front of you with only some powdered sugar to taste. I've had some in Malaysia that were pretty good. This lady was frying some up at a Hypermart (like Wal-Mart) and I had to get a taste.

It sucked. Not only did the grease have no taste (I guess they can't really use pork lard in a Muslim country like Indonesia), but the sugar had a strange aftertaste, as if it were saccharin. I'll stick to Krispy Kreme instead, thank you. Although, at only 1500 Rupiah (US$0.15), it's not exactly a huge loss either.

26537871_292f18ea06_o

On a side note, this sign was kinda funny to me. It looks like it's for a cup of corn or something. I hope it's not pronounced the way it looks.

No comments: