Thursday, June 16, 2005

Pasta Fresca de Salvatore, Singapore

After having just eaten at Pasta Brava the other day, tonight I was off to Pasta Fresca. A really cheesy name (and even more irritating TV advertisement) that does not instill confidence in its authenticity, but I like it, even if it is a chain across the island. I got my usual thin crust prosciutto e funghi pizza, as well as minestrone soup. The last one was a bit thin for a guy whose impression of good minestrone has been distorted by that thick Progresso canned stuff, but this was still tasty.

But the portions are really small here (and they don't even give you free bread). So much that for dessert, I passed on the tiramisu and got steamed clams instead. Yum - I love clams with butter and garlic in white wine. The service tonight was a bit spotty though, and apparently the food quality can be quite inconsistent. I don't mind though. Tomorrow I'm having my third Italian meal in three days, at Prego.

No comments: