Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Chef Wang Fried Rice at Beo Crescent Market & Food Centre

From left: Sambal Shrimp Fried Rice and Pork Rib Fried Rice

This stall (38A Beo Crescent #01-71) has gotten some media attention lately, mainly because the chef had previously worked at Din Tai Fung. Being a public holiday today, I figured that I'd get down there right at their opening hour of 10 AM, only to find that at least 20-30 others had the same idea and made it to the line before I did.

I ended up waiting nearly an hour, and I didn't like the food either, mainly because the rice was mushy and not smoky enough. Worse, the prawns weren't fresh and the sambal option was unnecessary. The only thing I did like was the chili oil on the side, as it was pleasantly spicy yet simple. But I'd rather go to King of Fried Rice if I'm going to have to wait an hour again.

1 comment:

financefoodie said...

Have you tried the Hainanese Curry Rice at Beo Crescent? Their spicy pork crackling (fried with some meats in addition to the skin) and fried prawns are my go to meals.. Pair it with the fish curry sauce..

k