Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Salad Shop Has Changed Their Menu

The Salad Shop

The Salad Shop in Tanjong Pagar (79 Anson Road #01-03, 6534-8068) has been handing out flyers recently, offering a discount off their new menu. I figured that this was just a fine-tuning of their usual checkbox-based salad menu, which they've refreshed from time to time. So I was shocked to find that they completely redid it: they are now trying to compete with The Daily Cut and Grain Traders with a variety of warm and cold pre-cooked/marinated items to go on top of a bed of leaves or carbs.

To be fair, I liked the taste of what I chose. I liked it enough that I've been back for three days in a row, and in some ways I like it better than The Daily Cut, especially since they are more generous with their portions here. But I'm still really miffed that they changed their menu. I originally wanted to come here for a cold, refreshing salad of raw unadulterated ingredients, configured just the way that I like it. My favorite salad shop is gone (despite them keeping the same name), and I'll have to fall back on SaladStop! from now on.

No comments: