Saturday, August 04, 2018

Sumifru Rose Bananas from the Philippines

Sumifru Rose Bananas

I saw these at NTUC FairPrice Finest last night, and the label drew me in: an "absolute sweet and creamy banana" with the added bonus of edible seeds in them? Cool! These I had to try. It's too bad then that they were neither sweet nor creamy. And the seeds were so small that I wouldn't have even noticed them had they not pointed them out. They were otherwise just very small bananas. Oh well.

Epilogue: I also tried their "Banapple" variety several days later. The label suggested that it tasted like apples, but it turned out that it was only due to it being a rather tangy banana. Their marketing team is trying really hard to put a spin on things, it seems.

3 comments:

Aggie said...

The taste is nothing special. Over priced!

Unknown said...

Waste of money not sweet or creamy over priced ..cheating the consumers

Unknown said...

Paid trolls, you are. Sumifru is the best!