Friday, July 20, 2018

Meatsmith in Singapore's Little India

Meat Platter

I never bothered with the original Meatsmith on Telok Ayer, as I could usually get my fill of barbecue on runs to Austin. But their second outlet in Little India sounded verrry interesting (21 Campbell Lane, 9625-9056), as it was American barbecue done with Indian spices and a tandoor oven. I finally had a chance to check it out tonight.

It's a cool place, being in the middle of the hustle and bustle of a side street in Little India. And some of the starters that they brought out for us were rather nice, particularly their Bombay butter naan, which was topped with not just curry leaves and cilantro but even dill weed! Their gunpowder potatoes were good as well, especially with a dip in their mint chutney.

The meat platter above wasn't quite as interesting though, as it was more sweet than it was spicy. And it certainly wasn't worth the S$58 (US$43) that they charged for it, even if all four cuts of meat were very tender. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised that the prices were so high given that it is from the guys at Burnt Ends. Maybe I'll just come here for some cheaper snacks and sides.

No comments: